Visa and Financial Information (once admitted to Barnard)

In order to enter the United States for the purpose of study, admitted Barnard international citizens will need a visa—usually an F-1 Student Visa. A link to the I-20 request form will be provided to all admitted international citizens to be used in obtaining this visa.

To apply for it, admitted students will be required to submit to the United States Embassy or Consulate in their own country: 1) a valid Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility (sent from the college where you intend to enroll, once you are admitted and indicate that you plan to enroll), 2) a valid passport, and 3) evidence of financial support.

If an admitted student is already studying in the United States, the following two documents will also be required: 1) SEVIS number, 2) a copy of any existing I-20 form (an F-1 transfer certification). If all documentation is in order, an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility will be provided.

More information regarding your preparation for arrival at Barnard is provided by the Office of International and Intercultural Student Programs (OIIS).

Information noted here, including financial certification, does NOT need to be submitted with the application for admission.

Please contact the Office of Admissions with questions.