Student Climate Action Grant
How can we support your ideas for climate action on campus and beyond?
We are pleased to announce the Student Climate Action Grant for the 2019-20 academic year, to support student(s) or student group(s) in developing and implementing a project relating to sustainability, climate action, or human interactions with the environment. The intention of this grant is to give students the resources to be a part of creating positive changes here on our campus, and/or piloting solutions that are applicable in New York City and beyond. We are looking for projects that confront local and/or global sustainability challenges, prioritize the role of women and marginalized communities in building solutions, and have a strong connection to our own campus.
Ideas may include but are not limited to
- Pilot programs to lower campus emissions across Scopes 1, 2, or 3
- Increase waste diversion rates
- Increase climate activism
- Educate or raise awareness of climate change and impacts on women and marginalized communities
- Create initiatives that support synergies between sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and student health and wellness
- Development of new campus organizations
- Expand/support sustainable programming for existing campus organizations
- Host guest lectures, screenings, or events
Grants awarded will range from $500-$1500.
How to Apply
The application for the Student Climate Action Grant can be found here. Please fill out the pdf and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, Student Climate Action Grant Submission. Deadline for submission is December 1st.
The application includes:
- Name, class year, and email of all applicants
- Project Title
- Statement of purpose / description of project (500 words)
- How will this project enrich or advance our campus community's work on questions of climate and sustainability? (200 words)
- Proposed budget
- Proposed timeline
Structure of the grant:
- All projects must come to completion before May 1, 2020 unless and longer-term project is approved explicitly.
- All grant recipients will meet with Barnard Sustainability.
- Once prior to the start of work
- Once mid semester
- As needed at the discretion of Barnard Sustainability, or as requested by the grant recipients
- Grant recipients must provide a write up of all activities, results and costs associated with the project by May 8th, 2020.
Deadline for submissions is December 1st, by email to email@example.com with the subject line: Student Climate Action Grant Submission.
For questions, please email Leslie Raucher, firstname.lastname@example.org